Black-windows can be a beautiful addition to your home but can come at a cost. Know the risks before you purchase.
1. You can expect to pay up to 40% more for the black-windows. Does the cost justify the aesthetics? The right window should make all the difference when it comes to building a custom home. Don't cut corners here, you'll regret it in the long run.
2. Test your salesman, he/she should know if the windows are cap stock, (don't know what cap stock is - then you better shoot us a call?) if they don't know what cap stock is run for the hills. It can determine everything when it comes to warranties on the window.
3. Are the windows Painted? If so, what is the warranty on the paint?
4. Do the windows come with touch up paint? We both know your kids are going to scratch windows, but do you want to have to pay a technician to come out and fix the problem or would you rather be prepared for the problem
5. Are black windows the right fit for your climate? Black does attract heat which can damage the vinyl over time if not protect by surround trees or foliage
If you are considering buying black-windows, please take the time call one of our skilled technicians to get all of your questions answered.
- If you are interested in seeing these black windows, they are located in the storefront of Beehive State Builders on historic